Background and Experience
“Our family moved to Worcester in 1989, and I’ve lived in the Central Vermont area for 48 years. Our grownup children (and grandchildren) are doing well. Here’s our current Worcester household: Amy, Avram and Hobie.”
I’m committed to working with others on behalf of Vermont and our communities. Over the past 30 years, I have held jobs and elected positions that allowed me to get to know the legislative process well. I would appreciate your vote on Primary Day, August 14th and Election Day.
- State Representative, Lamoille-Washington District, 2015-2016. Member, Committee on Health Care.
- General Manager, Washington Electric Co-op, 1997-2013. WEC is a consumer-owned utility serving over 10,000 households and business in 41 towns in Orange, Washington, Caledonia and Orleans Counties. WEC was an early leader in energy efficiency and conservation programs, and in moving to cleaner, sustainable energy sources. It’s power supply is now 100% renewable.
- Director, Vermont Office of Economic Opportunity (and other state government positions), 1987-1996. Oversight of community action, weatherization and food & nutrition programs under three Governors.
- Co-executive Director, Central Vermont Transportation Association, 1981-86. Helped develop regional public transportation, volunteer driver and rideshare services.
Service on non-profit, co-op and public boards
- Salvation Farms, Board President
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility
- Worcester Board of Civil Authority
- Goddard College Board of Trustees, Chair
- Hunger Mountain Co-op, Chair
- Northeast Association of Electric Cooperatives, Chair
- Washington Electric Co-op
- Vermont Foodbank
- Vermont Community Development Board
- Vermont Job Start Board
- Plainfield Selectboard, Chair